Wednesday, July 6, 2016

FREE LANGUAGE ARTS LESSON - “Shades of Meaning for "Angry" {A Picture Thesaurus}”

by Cinnamon's Classroom
2nd - 9th Grade


Spice up your "boring words"! In this picture thesaurus you get 26 synonyms for "mad". Simply print & cut and your booklet is ready to go. 

My picture thesauruses are designed so that they can be differentiated quite easily. In older grades the thesauruses are perfect for ELL's. 

********************************************************
Do your students have this problem?

We’ve all said it to our students: “Try using a better word...be more descriptive!”.... So what happens next? They grab a thesaurus but pick the wrong word from the list of synonyms provided. Students often choose the wrong word because traditional thesauruses do not provide context. 

The following Common Core Standards require students to understand the nuances in the meaning of words (shades of meaning): L.2.5, L.2.5a, L.2.5b, L.3.5c, L.3.5, L.4.4, L.4.6, L.4.4c, L.5.4, L.5.4a, L.6.4, L.6.5c, L.7.4, L.7.4c, L.9-10.5b, L.8.5, L.8.5c

********************************************************
How my books solve this problem!:

Each picture thesaurus in my collection is beautifully illustrated to capture children’s attention. I use these books in my classroom and my students LOVE them because they are so engaging and fun to use...the pictures even make me laugh!. 

Most importantly, each image effectively provides students with context!. This helps them understand how to use each synonym correctly. Plus, it teaches them the various shades of meaning.

This book is a free sample so that you can TRY before you BUY!

*********************************************************
Suggested use:

I place all my books up on magnetic hooks that I keep on my blackboard. This makes it easy for my students to access! 

I use my COMPLETE SET during writing activities such as: 

- journal writing
- poetry writing
- writing short stories
- dealing with and writing about emotions
...the list goes on! 

This book gets A LOT of use in my classroom...and I’m confident it will in yours as well! For this reason, I advise printing this onto card-stock! You will be glad you did! 

**********************************************************

For for the complete set, check out my

PICTURE THESAURUS BUNDLE

You might also be interested in:
Boring Words Interactive Notebook & Reference Cards 

I’m working hard to add more to the collection, so please follow me by clicking on the green star to find out when I post new resources! 

Follow me!
Facebook 
Blog 
Pinterest




Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment