Monday, April 4, 2022

FREE SCIENCE LESSON - “Dinosaur Book Activity”

by Loreen Leedy
2nd - 5th Grade


Young paleontologists-in-training will enjoy these book activities for my picture book My Teacher Is a Dinosaur and Other Prehistoric Poems, Jokes, Riddles, & Amazing Facts. The book gives a whirlwind tour of the history of life on Earth in 48 pages. According to Kirkus Reviews "Prehistoric time was never this much fun!" For ages 8 and up. ••• Please request the book from your librarian •••

A Reader's Response page with prompts and a Scavenger Hunt for items inside the book are included. The Word Search has sixteen key vocabulary words from the history of life on earth such as "oxygen," "bacteria," and "volcano," as well as animals from "shark" to "allosaurus" to "mastodon." Answer keys are provided.

This post on my blog shows several excerpts from the book.

Here are more of my resources that are related to Books!

Enjoy!

Loreen Leedy

Children's author-illustrator

My newest picture book is Jack & the Hungry Giant

See my 40+ picture books at www.LoreenLeedy.com

My Books + More Blog

My Pinterest Boards


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dinosaur-Book-Activity-195773






Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
https://thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.net/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs-marketing-cooperative-one-year-membership/
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!