Tuesday, March 8, 2016

FREE LANGUAGE ARTS LESSON - “ "I'd like some FRIES with that!" A Fun Way to Add Support to Your Writing”

by Tonya Davis
6th - 8th Grade


Your students have the basics of writing an essay, but they lack elaboration. This Powerpoint teaches students an acronym--"FRIES"--to help them remember what should be included in their paragraphs in order to add abundant support:

F=Facts
R=Reasons
I=Incidents
E=Examples
S=Statistics and Sensory Details

I attended a workshop a couple of years ago and was taught this acronym. I created this PowerPoint as an introduction to "FRIES". I was amazed how much my students' writing improved.

"I'd like some FRIES with that!" A Fun Way to Add Support to Your Writing by Tonya Davis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.






Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment