Monday, January 2, 2017

FREE LANGUAGE ARTS LESSON - “FREEBIE! Inference Passages {read, use evidence + schema and infer}”

by Ainsley Karl
1st - 4th Grade


Passages to help students use text clues and background knowledge to make inferences 

FREE passages from my 24 passage bundle of Inference Passages

Inference is a hard skill to master. Especially in students with reading comprehension difficulties. I created these short passages to help my students practice this skill. 

Students must use the details and clues (evidence) found in the text, along with their background knowledge and prior understanding of the texts main idea (schema) to determine what the passage is about. 

These passages are longer than most I have found available and I believe the extra details help my students better grasp the inference. 

Students will:
‣ read the story 
‣ highlight the clues / evidence
‣ answer the inference question 

Preview the index in the thumbnails... 

Looking for more? Check out my DIGRAPH passages
Looking for more? Check out my WORD FAMILY passages

More stories will be added to my paid file! Buy it now and re-download as new stories are added (you will be notified)! The price will increase as the number of stories increases!

Don't forget to leave feedback! Earn TPT credits to use towards your future purchases!





Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment