Tuesday, April 25, 2017

FREE MISC. LESSON - “The Answer for Students who Struggle in Listening to Directions”

by Southern Fried Teachin
3rd - 8th Grade


Listening to Directions | Students Not Listening to Directions

Do you have students that do not listen to directions? 

Do you have students that ask a question not two minutes after you have JUST said it?

I did, and I was tired of my students choosing not to listen to my directions. So I came up with something that helped tremendously. 

If a student asked a question that I had already answered, I would just go grab the poster from my white board and show them. I would also be really dramatic when I said it. "Oh no! I already answered that." And I wouldn't say anything else.

The students had to think about how to get their question answered. And the bonus....they started to listen to the directions more!

Eventually I barely had to use the poster. I loved it.

Hopefully it can help you in your own classroom!

Click on the links below to see more products:

Reading Questions Choice Boards

STAAR Math Problems

Star Bucks

Photos for Educational and Commercial Use: Spark Writing Prompts

Election Day Choice Board

Critical Thinking Stems - Costa's House of Questions

Inherited Traits vs. Learned Behaviors flip book


Please visit my blog at Southern Fried Teachin’ for more ideas, photos, and freebies!

I ❤ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on Southern Fried Teachin'

Enjoy and happy teaching!
Angela





Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment