Wednesday, January 22, 2020

FREE MATH LESSON - “Regrouping Using Canadian Money”

by Diamond Mom
2nd - 3rd Grade


Regrouping is a difficult concept for some children to understand. Using manipulatives helps, but I find that using money makes it easier for the children to visualize the exchange of ones, tens and hundreds. It also connects them with real examples of Math in their world. When referring to trading ones for tens and tens for hundreds, I tell the students that they need to go to thebank. They need to deposit their pennies and get a dime or deposit their dimes and get a loonie. When referring to changing a ten into ones, I use the analogy of going to the bank and trading a dime for 10 pennies.

Check out some of my other money products.
Show Me The Money Canadian Money Version
How Much Is This? Canadian Version
How Much Is This? No Penny Canadian Version
Canadian Coin Match Up
Rounding Up and Down With Money
Money Lessons for Children
Kid Themed Money Word Problems


See all my money products in one place here

Thank You for your purchase of this product. I hope you find it helpful.

Charlene/Diamond Mom
Diamond Mom's Treasury
My TPT Store
Facebook
Pinterest
charlene.sequeira2@gmail.com


This product is for single use in one classroom. If you wish to share, please purchase multiple licenses or direct others to purchase their own copies at my store.

Don't Miss Out:

Leave feedback on this item to earn credit toward future TpT purchases!
I value your feedback greatly! It gives me the information I need to continue creating high-quality products for your classroom!

Be the first to know about my new products and freebies!
Look for the green star near my store name and click it to become a follower.
You will receive customized e-mail updates about my store!






Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment