Wednesday, August 12, 2020

FREE SOCIAL STUDIES LESSON - “Greek Mythology Research Assignment”

by Juggling ELA
6th - 12th Grade


In this research assignment students research different gods, goddesses, creatures and humans from Greek Mythology. I had my students work individually at home and I had them pick names from a hat. You can have them work in groups and do it in class using laptops if you wish. Some of my students prepared PowerPoint presentations, some made posters and others just made a speech.

I started teaching the epic poem The Odyssey to my high school students and I found out that most of them had very little background about the gods and goddesses which is why I came up with this assignment.

This assignment would also work well with The Iliad, Edith Hamilton's Mythology, Percy Jackson, Oedipus, Antigone, other Greek Tragedies or just a unit on Mythology. This assignment could also work in a social studies classroom when they're learning about Ancient Greece.

I've included the CCSS for grades 6-12 for your convenience and a presentation rubric for when students present their findings.

If you have any questions just let me know.

A funny side note: My student who had the most background information about the Greek Gods and Goddesses prior to this unit learned everything he knows from the video game God of War.

Keywords: Greek mythology; Greek myths; Greeks; Greek myths for high school; ancient Greece; Trojan War; gods; goddesses; titans; Ancient Greece; Research Project; The Odyssey; The Iliad; Greek Tragedy; CCSS Aligned






Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
https://thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.net/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs-marketing-cooperative-one-year-membership/
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment