Wednesday, September 11, 2019

FREE MISC. LESSON - “Keeping Our Class Family Safe”

by The Primary Techie
Pre-Kindergarten - 5th Grade


In September of 2014, a second grader in my town was murdered. This really made me think about my own students. I don't really know what they are going home to. Would they tell me if they felt unsafe? I wanted to talk to them in a way that was easy and lighthearted, but it felt like such a "yucky" talk. I wanted them to know I was there for them, but I didn't want to worry them or make them feel like I was accusing their families of anything. I just really wanted them to know I was there for them. I love to incorporate books into my lessons, but could not find a kid-friendly story that met my needs, so I wrote one. I wrote this story for all teachers who want to spread the message of safety to their students. It will be a forever freebie in my store. PLEASE tell everybody at your school. If this helps even ONE student, it is worth it. This story is written with a back-to-school theme, but can be used year-round. I have included three versions. There is a full color printable version, a PowerPoint (I love reading from my board!), and a black and white printable version. 

*Custom clip art was donated for this project by Educlips!




Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
http://www.thebestofteacherentrepreneursmarketingcooperative.com/2014/01/the-best-of-teacher-entrepreneurs.html
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!


Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!






No comments:

Post a Comment